If you are planning for extending your home then a timber frame extension will offer a great impact on your home’s space and also add further value to your home.
Often such timber frame extensions obtained from Vision Development will not only be easier and faster to build, but also you can complete your extension project at a much lower cost than what you had planned.
The following are the two good reasons why timber framed extensions are more preferred these days.
The difference between the material cost involved in traditional extension and timber frame extension may not be great. But construction time involved can make a great difference in the project cost.
Usually, the basic work of timber frames will be completed off-site in a certain factory where the design work will be done as per measurements. During this period the entire groundwork can start in parallel.
Also, bad weather will not affect the speed of fabrication work, unlike bricks and mortar construction work. This method will also ensure that the extension will allow installing electrical and plumbing to work faster.
Choosing a project with a timber frame extension may eliminate all the noises, disturbances, and mess created due to traditional construction works. You can quickly eliminate all these issues and enjoy your house.
Usually, timber frames will cost less than any other traditional extension because the labour hours needed to complete the project will be much less. The following are a few other factors that may affect the cost:
- The frame thickness
- Type of frame
- Amount and type of insulation
- Amount of glazing specification
- Degree of prefabrication
- Your location
What are the various pros and cons of selecting a timber frame?
- Lightweight: Timber is lightweight that makes it a very good choice for any extra loft storey and your ground-level foundation can be cheaper to build.
- Easy and quick to install: Timber being lightweight allows for easy construction and the whole project can be assembled quickly.
- Ideal for small sites: If your house has limited space for your building work then using off-site manufacturers can be useful.
- Versatile: Your timber frame will allow you to easily fit in with your house’s aesthetics. Whether you like to show off the beams or any different finishes, then a timber frame will be a perfect choice.
- Time-efficient: Whilst the entire components are made off-site, you can continue with other groundworks. This will save you time.
- Sustainable: Prefer a manufacturer of timber extension that uses only sustainable timber. The airtightness that any timber frame can offer and high natural insulation, thus making it a very good choice with sustainability.
- Specialist system: You will have to prefer only a special company that is a specialist in such timber frames and not anybody else.
Whenever you are planning for any extension work by using a timber frame, you must check from the local authority of that area whether you need any permission before proceeding with your work.